I am writing today to announce the temporary closure of all nine of our 21c Museum Hotel properties. This is a day none of us could have imagined a month ago, and although it is heartbreaking in many ways, we know this is the best decision for the health and welfare of our guests, our teams and our communities. Temporarily closing our properties is the most important thing we can do to help slow the spread of Covid-19.
We look forward to re-opening as soon as it is safe to do so, and we can’t wait for the day when we are able to welcome you back into our spaces. Until then, here are a few of the things we will miss:
· Our team and all the ways that they go out of their way to make 21c great for our guests and one another. They are the heartbeat of our hotels, museums and restaurants.
· The art, exhibitions and cultural programming. May we never take for granted the things we have the privilege to see and hear. From artist talks to plays, musical performances to poetry readings, the exchange of ideas between our guests and our communities inspires us each day.
· A bustling dining room, our bartenders mixing up cocktails and our chefs in the kitchen doing what they love. Food is a wonderful expression of hospitality.
· The penguins. Need we say more?
· You. We will miss our guests, our community, our partners, our regulars, our first timers. You fill our spaces with joy, laughter, tears, energy, and wonder. Thank you for being part of the 21c community. For sharing your moments, big and small with us, and for reminding us of the strength of the human connection.
In the meantime, we will be in touch with updates through our social media channels and website to keep you informed, connected and supported through these trying times.
Steve Wilson and the entire team at 21c Museum Hotel