21c Museum Hotel Website Privacy Notice
We're committed to keeping your personal information private.
Last modified: March 24, 2017
Introduction. At 21c Museum Hotels LLC (“21c Museum Hotels” or “we” or “us”), we are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your personal information. This Website Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) is intended to inform you about how we collect, use, share and protect your information. This Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website at www.21cmuseumhotels.com, www.shopat21c.com, or any pages associated therewith (collectively, our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES REGARDING INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE AND HOW WE WILL TREAT IT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES, YOUR CHOICE IS NOT TO USE OUR WEBSITE. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES. THIS NOTICE MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME (SEE THE “CHANGES TO OUR NOTICE” SECTION BELOW). YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS WEBSITE AFTER WE MAKE CHANGES IS DEEMED TO BE YOUR CONSENT TO THOSE CHANGES, SO PLEASE CHECK THE NOTICE FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES.
This Notice applies to information we collect online, including through this Website, in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website, and through other online interactions. This Notice does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by 21c Museum Hotels or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries.
Children Under the Age of 13. Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use this Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It. We collect personally identifiable information about you through this Website when you directly provide this information to us in connection with one of the services we provide, such as when you make a reservation with our hotel or restaurant, make a purchase, or when you voluntarily provide us information by filling out forms or subscribing to our email newsletter. We may also collection some information about you, such as usage details and IP address, automatically as you navigate the Website through cookies and similar technology.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use various automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about Website traffic data; the resources you access and use on the Website; and your IP address, operating system, and browser type. These technologies help us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, and help you use our website by storing information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Website.
Two automatic data technologies we may use for this automatic data collection include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may sometimes contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited those pages, opened an email, or for other related website statistics, such as determining the popularity of certain website content.
Cookies are generally used in two ways by our Website:
- To manage state. “State” refers to the settings and choices made by you as you use our Website. As information is transferred to and from your computer and our web server, state is managed so that our Website works seamlessly, and so that you do not have to enter the same information repeatedly. During state management, only a random identifier is placed in a cookie for our web server to use. Personal information or other state information is NOT stored in the cookie. State management cookies are automatically deleted when you close your web browser.
- To manage automation of the user experience. If applicable, our web server may “remember” you between visits to make it easier for you to use our Website on future visits. If we provide this feature, your user account identifier will be saved to a cookie on your computer hard drive, and will be used each time you come back to our Website. No personal information is saved in the cookie itself.
How We Use Your Information. In the normal course of our Website operations, the information we collect from you is used to provide you with the services that you request. In doing so, we may provide certain information about you or the services you request to third parties who will be providing you the service in whole or in part, or who assists us in providing you with the service. We may use the information we collect from you to contact you about special offers or events that we believe would be of interest to you or that you request. We do not sell personally identifiable information to third party marketers.
We also use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, including making online reservations and to shop online; to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; to contact you about goods and services we offer; in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose aggregated information that does not identify any individual without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Notice:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of 21c Museum Hotels, our customers, or others.
Safeguards. We and our technology providers employ commercially-reasonable security safeguards to protect the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized alteration. If you are required to transmit sensitive information to us through our Website (such as payment information), we will secure that information through data encryption. We will protect personally identifiable information stored on the Website’s servers from unauthorized access by using commercially available computer security products (such as firewalls), as well as our own security procedures and practices. Although we take these steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Changes to Our Notice. We reserve the right to update this Notice periodically to describe changes that may affect our collection or use of your information, and to let you know of new privacy features that we may provide to you. The most recent version of this Notice can always be found on our Website in a conspicuous location. The date the Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically reviewing this Notice to check for any changes.
How to Reach Us. If you have any questions about this Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspects of your privacy and the security of information, please write to us at:
21c Museum Hotel
710 West Main Street, 3rd Floor
Louisville, KY 40202