Our flock is on its way to the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival ready to represent 21c for a few days dedicated to some of our favorite cuisine. At the festival the 21c Digital Lounge will be shaking up some summer refreshers. Stop in daily to sample the special cocktail features or mix them up for yourself at home.
Jasmine Cilantro Lemonade
1 1/2 oz jasmine cilantro simple syrup
1 oz lemon juice
5 oz soda water
Build in 16oz glass. Start with syrup and lemon then add soda water, and then add ice. Garnish with lemon wedge.
1) In a large pot over medium heat add sugar and water. Stir until sugar has disolved
2) Add jasmine. Stir, bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes
3) Add cilantro, stir and simmer for 10
4) Take off heat. Allow to cool
5) Once cool, strain mixture
6) Pour into quarts and label, store in cooler
Prefer a boozy refreshment? Add a splash of your favorite spirit to kick things up a notch!
Special thanks to our friends at Four Roses who will be on hand on Friday at the 21c Digital Lounge
1 oz Four Roses Bourbon
1/2 oz Dolin Blanc
3 dashes orange bitters
2 oz mango shrub
Build in mixing tin. Shake well. Strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a rosemary sprig.
1 bag frozen mangoes
8 cups sugar
8 cups water
6 rosemary springs
2 tbsp plus 1 tsp vanilla paste
2 tsp cayenne pepper
4 cups apple cider vinegar
1) Break down mangoes
2) Add mangoes to blender and blend until completely pureed. Due to the amount of mangoes you will have to do this in batches. Set mango puree aside
3) In a large pot over medium heat add water and sugar, stir occasionally until sugar has dissolved
4) Add rosemary sprigs, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and allow to steep for 20 minutes.
5) Add mango puree and whisk together until the simple syrup have completely combined
6) Add vanilla and cayenne, again whisking together until combined. Be careful to break up any clumps of cayenne pepper.
7) Allow mixture to steep for another 10 minutes and then turn off the heat.
8) Once mixture has completely cooled* add vinegar, and strain through a china cap. Straining out rosemary and any large mango chunks.
9) Pour into sealed container and store in cooler.
*Please note: As with all shrub recipes NEVER add vinegar until mixture has cooled.
An easy and relaxed wine cocktail that you can enjoy by the pool or while manning the grill. This recipe is a delicious Frankenstein of a sangria, an apertif wine, and vermouth. You can swap out the botanical aspect with any floral you choose and add different herbs and or spices.
> For more cocktail inspiration, check out the Bar Blips series on MetropoleOnWalnut.com