Bentonville Square, with its pretty plot of green flanked by the courthouse, bank, and five-and-dime store, seems to shine brightest in the sunshine. Whether for a weekend getaway or a quick day trip, Bentonville has something for everyone. Here are five things you don’t want to miss this summer:
- The Future is Female on view now at 21c Bentonville. This exhibition highlights artists who continue to subvert, challenge, and reshape what it means to be a female in today’s society. On Wednesdays and Fridays at 5, you can catch a guided docent tour to learn more about the artists and works featured. Pro tip: Swing by The Hive before to grab “The Champ” a refreshing, yet potent cocktail inspired by Zoë Buckman’s work “Champ”.
- Explore outdoors. While Northwest Arkansas is renowned for mountain biking, there are still plenty of ways to get your Vitamin D if that’s not your speed. Some of our favorites: The Botanical Garden of the Ozarks in Fayetteville, War Eagle Cavern in Rogers, and Devil’s Den State Park in West Fork.
- If you’re looking to stay closer to Bentonville, visit the outdoor trails of Crystal Bridges. This summer, you can take a whimsical route through the North Forest to experience Color Field, an outdoor exhibition featuring large, colorful sculptures juxtaposed against the lush Ozark forest.
- Directly off the Bentonville Square, you’ll find some of the best bites and brews in Arkansas. Take full advantage of the weather by grabbing lunch and a picnic table at Yeyo’s food truck, located conveniently off the town square. Offering authentic Mexican street tacos from one of Bentonville’s most beloved families, the Rios, you’ll want to bring your appetite.
- For those who were lucky enough to catch Chihuly: In the Gallery and In the Forest at Crystal Bridges two summers ago, good news! Crystal Bridges has acquired five works from that exhibition and they’ll be on display in the museum and grounds this summer for visitors to enjoy.
Located steps away from Crystal Bridges and the Town Square, 21c Bentonville is the perfect home base for your summer adventure.