Bentonville Square, with its pretty plot of green flanked by the courthouse, bank, and five-and-dime store, seems to shine brightest in the sunshine. Whether for a weekend getaway or a quick day trip, Bentonville has something for everyone. Here are five things you don’t want to miss this summer:
- Refuge on view now at 21c Bentonville. This exhibition explores the contemporary human condition through
depictions of needing, seeking, and creating shelter. The museum is open to the public 24 hours a day and free of charge. Pro tip: Swing by The Hive before to grab a drink before starting your tour….the summer cocktail list is always filled with light, refreshing choices!
- Explore outdoors. While Northwest Arkansas is renowned for mountain biking, there are still plenty of ways to get your Vitamin D if that’s not your speed. Some of our favorites: The Botanical Garden of the Ozarks in Fayetteville, War Eagle Cavern in Rogers, and Devil’s Den State Park in West Fork.
- If you’re looking to stay closer to Bentonville, visit the outdoor trails of Crystal Bridges. We love the whimsical route of the Art trail , which runs between 21c and the South entrance to the museum. You can take in James Turrell’s Skyspace: The Way of Color, as well as a variety of sculptures, native plants, and waterways.
- Directly off the Bentonville Square, you’ll find some of the best bites and brews in Arkansas. Take full advantage of the weather by grabbing lunch and a picnic table at Yeyo’s food truck, located conveniently off the town square. Offering authentic Mexican street tacos from one of Bentonville’s most beloved families, the Rios, you’ll want to bring your appetite.
- For those lovers of contemporary art, make sure to allow time to visit The Momentary, a new contemporary art space satellite to Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in downtown Bentonville. Situated along the Razorback Regional Greenway near 8th Street Market, they transformed a decommissioned 63,000-square-foot cheese factory into a multidisciplinary space for visual and performing arts, culinary experiences, festivals, artists-in-residence, and more.
Located steps away from Crystal Bridges and the Town Square, 21c Bentonville is the perfect home base for your summer adventure.