I hope this note finds you safe and healthy. I know that these past weeks have been very tough. COVID-19 has been devastating to our company, industry, communities, and to you, our people. When we are able to safely re-open our doors it will be to a vastly different world. Below are some updates on where we stand today; we will be in touch in the coming weeks with additional information.
The Road to Re-Opening
We are working every day toward re-opening our properties. We are closely monitoring government mandates in all of our cities to understand new restrictions and requirements and inform the timing of re-opening our hotels, restaurants, and museums; but, we will not open our doors until we have the right operations procedures in place to keep everyone safe. Please know that as we prepare to re-open our hotels, the health and safety of you and our guests is our priority.
We are working with the ownership groups of each hotel and restaurant to determine the date they will re-open, and each 21c will have its own timeline. Unfortunately, just because a mandate is lifted and we can re-open our hotels and restaurants, does not mean we will be able to open immediately. Re-opening dates are still undetermined at this time.
The corporate team in Louisville is fully mobilized as a re-opening task force. Here is what we are working on:
- Education: We are working closely with our colleagues in the Accor NCA region, listening to experts and reading the most up-to-date information to educate ourselves on the best practices in health and safety.
- Revamping our operations: Evaluating and rewriting all SOPs and Brand standards to implement new health and safety measures to protect you and our guests. Accor has partnered with a doctor from Johns Hopkins Hospital and, trusted partner, Ecolab, to review and advise us on new policies and procedures to ensure we are getting it right.
- Supply chain work: We are assessing our entire supply chain to ensure we can obtain everything we will need to open our doors and meet our operations needs from masks to meat.
- Preserving our business: Working hard to stay in touch with our guests and clients and developing a long-term sales and marketing plan so that when they are ready and able to travel they will be excited to return to 21c.
What does this mean for you?
You are still eligible for company benefits through the end of this month (May 31, 2020). The Talent & Culture team will be in touch with you with updates within the next 7-10 days.
ALL Heartist Fund
If you need help with medical expenses, food and other essential supplies and services, please apply for a financial grant from Accor’s ALL Heartist Fund. This charitable fund has been set up to support teammates who are in distress as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. To learn more, or to apply for a grant, please visit NCAALLHeartistFund.com, call toll-free 1-888-760-1717 or email email@example.com. If you apply, we encourage you to be specific with your request for assistance and ensure it complies with the eligibility requirements.
Stay in Touch with 21c
- Missing the penguins? Need a laugh? Follow the Lonely Penguin Instagram accounts to get your fix and stay current with announcements:
- If you are missing the art follow @21cHotels to see what inspires us, gives us hope and makes us laugh.
- The Hub: If you had login credentials for the Hub, they are still active.
- 21c Team COVID-19 Resource Page: There is now a page for each property, and we are regularly updating these with community resources and 21c news.
- TeamSupport@21chotels.com: We have set up this email address as an additional resource. The Talent & Culture team is monitoring it and available to answer questions.
As we move forward in this new world, we remain focused on our goal of re-opening our properties, getting our team back to work, and serving our guests and communities. We miss all of you. Please do be in touch if we can help.
CEO 21c Museum Hotels