Memorial Day is almost here and instead of attending the same-old barbeque, make a weekend of it by exploring Cincinnati. Here’s our guide to ushering in summer the right way:
- Visit Taste of Cincinnati: Taste of Cincinnati is celebrating its 40th year in 2018 making it the country’s longest-running free culinary festival. Cincinnati’s top chefs and restaurants will be serving up more than 100 delectable dishes. The festival also features 45 live performances on 5 stages. With three days to explore, you’ll be sure to find new favorites.
- Hop on GEST Golf Carts: While Cincinnati is famous for its streetcars, there’s a new transportation option in town. GEST Golf Carts are providing free shuttles from downtown to the Over-The-Rhine neighborhood on Fridays and Saturdays. The best way to take advantage of this service? Start your night off by soaking in views of the city from our Cocktail Terrace (pro tip: try the D.L. or the Peach Mango Pop.) After the sun sets, hop on a golf cart and make your way to one of our favorite restaurants in OTR. For a casual fare, we love Senate. Looking to impress? Zula Restaurant & Wine Bar never disappoints.
- Explore Local Museums: After visiting The Future is Female, head to nearby Cincinnati Art Museum. Their latest exhibition, Terracotta Army: Legacy of the First Emperor of China, features more than 120 individual objects dating from the Pre-Qin period (770-221 BC) to the Qin Dynasty (221-206 BC).
- Try a different kind of bar: You can’t go wrong by visiting one of the nearly 40 breweries in town, but a new ice cream shop has caught our eye. Buzzed Bull Creamery allows you to create your own unique dessert with over 30 flavors, 20 mix-ins, and the ability to add some ‘buzz’ to your ice cream. Flavors range from Margarita to Cake Batter and can be made buzzed or non-buzzed for the under 21 crowd.
- Learn a new skill: Tablespoon Cooking Co. makes cooking fun with their hands-on, themed classes. Whether you’re a regular Barefoot Contessa or a novice in the kitchen, their classes are sure to improve your skills and more importantly, leave you with a delicious dinner to enjoy. From an essential knife skills class to a date night featuring fried chicken and champagne, you’re bound to find something you’d enjoy.
There’s no better place to celebrate the first weekend of summer than The Queen City. Whether it’s a staycation or vacation at 21c, stay with the Yellow Penguin and get 21% off the best available rate for SUN 05.27 and/or MON 5.28 with complimentary valet parking.
> Book now or use code MEMORIAL.