This year is the year to get out on Memorial Day Weekend in Cincinnati. The Queen City has so many cool things in her back pocket for you to make a weekend of it. Be a hometown tourist or hang with the locals, with this Cincinnati Memorial Day weekend guide.
- Taste of Cincinnati Festival: The big thing in Cincinnati this weekend is the nation’s longest running free culinary festival, The Taste of Cincinnati. For 39 years, this street party dedicated to food and music has been going strong. There are 4 live stages with 60 performances, over 100 restaurant vendors, a food truck alley (in case you’re still hungry), and a handmade veggie-fueled vehicle race. It’s 3 days long, so you have a chance to eat all the food.
- International Butterfly Show at Krohn Conservatory: This is an adventure wildlife enthusiasts wait for all year – a massive antique greenhouse full of butterflies and exotic plants. It’s like being inside a five year old’s dream. And it’s a peaceful departure from the food and music in downtown.
- Zoo Babies at Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden: How cute can you get? The second oldest zoo in the US steps it up a notch by also being a beautiful botanical garden. It’s an animal paradise and also there are adorable babies. Tiger babies, African dog babies, giraffe babies, an armadillo baby and a takin baby will fill you right up with warm fuzzies.
- Self-Guided Art Tour: After enjoying the museum at 21c, you’re bound to crave a little more. There are too many art museums/galleries to mention here but a few of our favorites are: Contemporary Arts Center, Cincinnati Art Museum, Taft Museum of Art, Weston Art Gallery, Brazee Street Studios, The Carnegie, Art Academy of Cincinnati, Art Beyond Boundaries, Miller Gallery, Marta Hewett Gallery. That should hit the spot.
- The Candy Race and Jelly Tot Dash: It’s a candy themed 5k run/walk with a toddler dash wrapping it all up. Everyone wins a bag of candy at the end. Not sold? The race supports The Dragonfly Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing comfort and joy to kids, young adults, and their families enduring cancer and bone marrow transplants.
Staycation or vacation at 21c! Stay with the Yellow Penguin and get 21% off guestroom rate for SUN 5.28 and/or MON 5.29. We will even throw in complimentary valet parking. How’s that for a treat?
> Book now or use code MEMORIAL