Summer is officially here! Oklahoma City has so many cool activities to make this weekend one to remember. Be a hometown tourist or hang with the locals with this Oklahoma City 4th of July weekend guide.
- Red, Bright and Blue Festival: Wheeler District is throwing down the ultimate 4th of July Celebration! On Tuesday, July 4 from 2-9pm enjoy food trucks, The Big Friendly Beer Bus, snow cones, ice cream, cotton candy and live music. Be sure to bring your lawn chairs to have the optimal view of the OKC Fireworks show that starts at 9:30pm.
- Red, White and Boom with OKC’s Philharmonic: The 11th annual Red, White & Boom concert will be taking place Monday, July 3 at 8:30pm at State Fair Park. It is a free Independence Day celebration concert and fireworks display by The Oklahoma City Philharmonic. Gates open at 6pm.
- Kehinde Wiley: A New Republic: Oklahoma City is the final stop on the national tour for Kehinde Wiley: A New Republic at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. The exhibition provides an overview of Wiley’s work including oil paintings, stained glass and sculptures. Best of all, kids (17 and under) get free admission every weekend in July!
- Oklahoma City Dodgers: Get ready for a day of America’s favorite pastime with The OKC Dogers. The team will take on the Iowa Cubs for a three-night game series starting Tuesday, July 4th.
- Riversport Adventures: Head to the Boathouse District just minutes from Bricktown to do everything from kayaking, canoeing, whitewater rafting and even zip lining. The perfect place to take full advantage of the sunny summer weather.
Staycation or vacation at 21c! Stay with the Purple Penguin and get 21% off guestroom rate for the holiday week, 06.29.17-07.09.17. We will even throw in complimentary valet parking. How’s that for a treat?
> BOOK NOW or call 405.982.6900 for reservations and mention the code FOURTH