- This event has passed.
ArtPrize Pitch Night
May 15, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree and open to the public
ArtPrize is partnering with 21c Museum Hotels for Pitch Night, an evening where a panel of judges will chose a winner, who receives a $5,000 grant to realize their proposal at Lyon Square in Grand Rapids, Michigan during ArtPrize Nine, September 20-October 8, 2017.
For 19 days in the early fall, around 400,000 attendees descend upon three square miles of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan where anyone can find a voice in the conversation about what is art and why it matters. Art from around the world pops up in every inch of downtown in over 160 venues—museums, galleries, bars, restaurants, theaters, hotels, public parks, lobbies, buildings, walls, bridges, laundromats, and auto body shops—and it’s all free and open to the public.
Five artists have been selected to give a five-minute presentation using five slides each. A panel of five judges and the audience will be able to ask questions of the artists following the presentations.
Please join us to cheer on local artists as they share their ideas to exhibit their work in Grand Rapids!
> Learn more about ArtPrize Pitch Night Louisville
> Invite friends via Facebook
The judges for Pitch Night Louisville are:
- Barbara Kutis, Assistant Professor of Fine Arts – Art History, Indiana University Southeast
- Miranda Lash, Curator of Contemporary Art, Speed Art Museum
- Sarah Lindgren, Public Art Administrator, Louisville Forward
- Scott Massey, Director, Allen R. Hite Art Institute and Chairperson, Department of Fine Arts, Associate Professor, Sculpture, University of Louisville
- Karen Gillenwater, Museum Manager, 21c Museum Hotel