- This event has passed.
Art for Architecture | Architecture for Art
August 7, 2013 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree and open to the public
Artists, architects, and curators are pushing new boundaries with installations, site-specific works,and interactive art in ways never before imagined. A panel discussion will bring together leaders in each of these fields to explore the relationship between contemporary art and architecture. This event is free and open to the public.
- Brian Knep is a mathematician, computer programmer, and artist. His interactive artwork, Healing Tiles, is part of the site-specific collection at 21c Cincinnati.
- George Legrady is Director of the Experimental Visualization Lab and Chair of Media Arts & Technology at the University of California, Santa Barbara. His photo-based works, Refraction and Slice, are currently installed at 21c Cincinnati.
- Michael Bullock is a contributor and editor for publications Apartamento and PIN-UP, a biannual magazine of architectural entertainment. His first book, Roman Catholic Jacuzzi, was recently released.
- Alice Gray Stites is the Chief Curator and Director of Art Programming at 21c Museum.
- Haviland Argo is a designer and project manager who has worked on the construction of 21c projects in Louisville, Cincinnati, Durham, and Lexington.
- Introductions by Cesar Padilla.