Welcome to 21c Museum Hotel Lexington! College sports, bourbon, and southern hospitality await you here in the horse capital of the world.
A Hotel Experience Like No Other
What can you expect to see when you visit 21c? Nothing expected, that’s for sure. Check out the highlights from the current exhibitions at 21c Lexington and then come see them for yourself. With more than 7,000 square feet of exhibition space, curiosity will lead you to discover something new around every corner. As you approach, snap a picture with Pieke Bergmans intertwined lampposts, Totally in Love, walk through the doors and find yourself immersed in the illuminated 3M dichroic acrylic crystals of SOFTlabs, Spectralline. Our galleries are open 24/7 and exhibitions rotate, so make plans to visit often, and be sure to take advantage of regular cultural programming, too.
Dining at 21c
Lockbox, the in-house restaurant at 21c Lexington, showcases a commitment to sourcing local, high-quality ingredients around the Bluegrass Region. Lockbox uses thoughtful yet simple preparations and cooking techniques in a contemporary brasserie setting. Designed by Deborah Berke Partners, the Lockbox space highlights historic features like original marble floors, decorative plaster details and large windows.
The original vault feature, The Safe, is available for private dining. The communal table just outside The Safe makes intimate events a breeze. Lockbox provides catering and beverage service for all events at 21c Lexington and can create custom menus to ensure every detail of your event is perfect.
For most up to date information on hours + menus, please visit www.lockboxlex.com.
*In-Room Dining is available for breakfast, brunch, or dinner in your room via delivery! Hours of operation align with Lockbox. Cocktail, wine, and beer and menus are also available. Dial 6877 to order.
Drinks and snacks at your fingertips, 24/7! Need ice for your room? Call or text for delivery from the Front Desk.
- Chips 2
- Cookies 6
- Cheese Crisps 6
- Nut Mix 6
- Sparkling Water 3
- Wine 8
- Beer/Cider 5
- Liquor 7
- Soda 3
The bottom shelf has been left empty for your personal storage. Note, the minibar is a chiller; should you need traditional refrigeration, please contact the Front Desk.
21c is a multi-venue contemporary art museum located in eight cities across the U.S. One of the largest contemporary art museums in the country and North America’s only collecting museum dedicated solely to art of the 21st century, each property features exhibition space open free of charge, combined with a boutique hotel, and chef-driven restaurant.
Exhibitions are installed in dedicated, publicly accessible galleries and artworks and site-specific commissions appear outside, in elevators, public restrooms, hallways, guest rooms, at the reception desk, in Lockbox’s dining room and bar, and beyond, engaging guests and passersby’s alike. 21c believes art can and should be part of daily life for everyone.
ELEVATE at 21c
Elevate at 21c presents rotating exhibitions of works by artists living and working in Kentucky. Elevate provides hotel guests with unique access to the work of notable regional artists, while featuring their work in the context of 21c’s contemporary art space.
In Room Art
The guest rooms at 21c Lexington feature photographic collages by 21c founder Laura Lee Brown from her journeys all over the world, capturing the spirit and sensibility of the places and people she encounters. “There are so many other ways to live, and I am curious to see, to learn, to understand,” says Brown.
More than simply a place to spend the night, 21c is an authentic experience. If there is anything you need during your stay, please don’t hesitate to text us at 859.209.3223 or dial “0” from your guestroom phone. Our team is always ready to help and eager to make your visit as memorable and unique as 21c itself.
The 21c Art Channel is dedicated to showcasing a rotating collection from 21c’s library of documentaries, artist interviews and stills of original works by contemporary artists.
Traveling with a laptop? Your room is equipped with secure, Complimentary Wi-Fi. Consult your keycard sleeve or the front desk team for login information.
Valet Service is available 24/7 for hotel guests, with in and out privileges. Please text us to have your car brought around to our front drive. Please allow up to 25 minutes for us to deliver your vehicle.
21c offers all hotel guests complimentary access to our Fitness Center. Located on the 3rd floor, it is equipped with cardiovascular equipment, circuit strength training equipment, and free weights.
Our Business Center is located on the 2nd floor across from Gallery 3 and 4 and open 24 hours with key card access. – Should you need any assistance please dial “0” on the phone and you will be connected with the front desk.
Laundry Services/Safe Storage
During your stay, Laundry + Dry-cleaning Service is available. Laundry bags and tickets are located in your guest room closet. Drop off at the front desk by 8:30am M-F for same day return.
An In-Room Safe is available for the security of any valuables. Please contact the front desk team if you need safe operation assistance.
Looking to indulge a special someone? Want to spark some romance during your own stay? Need to fuel up before the Big Game? Whatever the occasion, 21c Treats entice you to splurge a little.
Simply choose from our signature Treats and text the front desk at 859.209.3223 or dial “0” from your guestroom phone to place your order. Our team will hand deliver your Treat with a personalized note. Items may be subject to seasonality & availability. Please order at least one hours before your desired delivery time.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries: Six chocolate dipped strawberries $21 (Choose from white or dark chocolate)
- Crunch: Mixed nuts, dried fruit, and choice of drink $15 (Choose from Butchertown Seltzer and Aromatic Bitters, West Sixth IPA, Country Boy Cougar Bait, or Stella Artois)
- Fizz: Bottle of champagne on ice with two glasses* Fizz: 34 / 66 / 95 / 155
- Big Love Jones: Bottle of champagne on ice, two glasses, six chocolate covered strawberries* $57 / $73 / $126
- Southern Comfort: Lockbox pimento cheese and pepper jelly with fresh veggies, pickles, and crackers, and choice of loose leaf iced tea $15 (Choose from Cherry Rose Green, Lavender Earl Grey, Ginger Orange, 21c Blend Black, or Serenity-Chamomile)
- Milk and Cookies: Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and a jug of milk $15 (Choose from Whole, Skim, Almond or Soy Milk)
- Fit: Bottled water, fresh fruit, and mixed nuts $12
- Rose Petal Turndown: $25
*Must be 21+ years old to order; champagne brand varies Note: Non-alcoholic sparkling cider available upon request
To improve indoor air quality and for the health and safety of our guests and team, 21c IS A SMOKE-FREE HOTEL. Guests wishing to smoke can do so outside on the sidewalk along Upper Street. A fee of $250 will be assessed to any room in which signs or smells of smoking are found.
SAFETY & SECURITY
- Please refer to the map on the back of your room door to familiarize yourself with the nearest emergency exit.
- For the health and safety of all our guests and teammates, please regard all alarms as “the real thing.” Please stay calm and cooperate with our team while we work to ensure your safety.
- During alarms, please do not attempt to use the elevator. Make your way to the nearest stairwell and exit the building.
IN CASE OF FIRE
- If a fire breaks out in your room, immediately exit your room and close the door behind you to keep the hall clear of smoke and fire. Activate the nearest alarm pull station. Report the situation to the front desk team immediately.
- If a fire breaks out in another part of the building, you may be roused by the fire alarm signal, voice announcements over the PA system, shouting in the corridor, a phone call, or by the sound of sirens outside. Stay calm. Check your door for heat before opening.
- If hot, remain in the room and seal the door with wet towels and vent other openings. Alert the front desk immediately.
- If cool, exit the room immediately. Do not attempt to use the elevator. Please use the nearest stairwell to exit and wait for further instruction before returning to your room.
IN SEVERE WEATHER
The front desk team will keep up-to-date information on local conditions. Should evacuation of rooms become necessary, the front desk team will provide you with instructions on how to proceed.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
- Front Desk……………………………Dial 0 or text us from your mobile at 859.209.3223
- Fire, Police, EMS……………………………………………………Dial 9 + 911
- Suicide Crisis Lifeline ………………………………………………Dial 9 + 1.800.273.8255
- National Drug & Poison Center……………………………………Dial 9 + 1.800.222.1222
- Kentucky Children’s Hospital……………………………………………Dial 9 + 257.1000
- UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital………………………………………..Dial 9 + 323.5000
- UK Good Samaritan Hospital…………………………………………..Dial 9 + 226.7000
21c Strives to be Green
21c doesn’t just consider “going green” to be a smart move; we believe it’s necessary for our future. Faced with ever-expanding suburban sprawl, 21c founders Laura Lee Brown and Steve Wilson hoped to invigorate downtown, bringing life back to the urban center. Each day the 21c Museum seeks to enrich our community through the encouragement of open and creative expression of all art forms. 21c Museum Hotel and Lockbox strive to sustain that same community through eco-friendly practices and environmental awareness. Our approach is quite simple – Always strive to be green. We aim to have a positive impact on the planet by taking steps to reduce our carbon, plastic and food waste – to do that 21c has implemented a Sustainability Fee of $2 to help support that mission. Highlights of our eco-friendly practices include:
- All cardboard, paper, glass, aluminum, tin can and plastic waste is recycled.
- Each ton of office paper we recycle saves 17 trees, 7000 gallons of water, and 60 pounds of air pollutants from being released.
- All ink cartridges are recycled.
- Soaps and shampoos are recycled through local community groups.
- Renovations were completed in accordance with standards for historic preservation.
- Guest rooms have automated energy management occupancy sensors and individual water source heat pumps for optimized control of HVAC. Energy efficient lighting and dual flush toilets are also standard in-room features.
- Our opt-in linen reuse program helps to conserve energy and water, while blackout shades reduce HVAC demand.
- Low flow nozzles on dishwashers and utility sinks help reduce water waste.
- Energy efficiency HVAC strategies include the use of high efficiency (93%) non condensing hot water boilers, energy recovery units for saving energy to condition ventilation air, variable condenser water flow for reducing pump energy and variable air flow through cooling tower to reduce fan energy.
- Every guest receives PATH water bottles. PATH is the first certified refillable and 100% recyclable bottled water packaged in a sleek and sturdy, reusable aluminum container.
On behalf of our team, thank you again for choosing 21c! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable.