- This event has passed.
Leave A Message w/ Sam Thousand
October 22 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
An experience in meditation music and community bolstered by the powerful frequencies of singing bowls, voice, and other instruments, followed by a discussion.
The evening will begin with an introduction to meditation and some light breath-work. With a set intention of an open heart, a relaxed body, and a peaceful mind, settle in and become aware of the powerful frequencies of the singing bowls, voice, percussion, trumpet, and other instruments as the sound evolves before you. Once the sound fully diminishes, you will be allowed time and space to reflect internally. Ground yourself through thought, writing or drawing, followed by an open group discussion regarding shared and/or contrasting experiences in the room.
After our collective reflection there will be mingling over tea provided by Chicago Tea House to open up and further connect with others.
Additionally, a recording station will be in place so you can “Leave a Message” to future attendees. Your message will serve as the golden thread woven into the tapestry of a growing community. Select messages will be incorporated into a meditation track that will be made available to you and other participants.
No previous experience, beliefs, or training are required to participate and benefit from this complete offering.
What to expect:
- 6:00 – 6:30pm – Doors open -> Settle-In, Get Comfortable
- 6:30 – 6:40pm – Introduction to the Experience and Intention Setting
- 6:40 – 7:30pm – Sound Meditation
- 7:30 – 8:00pm – Share Out and Discussion
- 8:00 – 8:30pm – Tea service with Chicago Tea House / Leave A Message
How can I prepare?
- For this meditation practice we will be on the floor either seated or laying on mats. Please bring your own yoga mat, blanket, cushion, eye mask, and/cushion.
- Consider eating a light dinner prior to our offering, the digestion process can hinder your meditation.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Complimentary tea will be provided
Getting to the Space:
- Our venue is 21c Museum Hotel which is located in Chicago at 55 E Ontario Street, 2nd floor.
- When you enter the building there is a stair case on your right. Take it to the 2nd floor and turn right again. Head through the gallery and you will find us!
- The hotel has valet parking. There is also paid street parking and parking structures in the area. If you are driving give yourself plenty of time to park and walk to the space, late attendees will not be admitted regardless of the reason