Thanks for visiting 21c Chicago. Check out the local to-do items, and view our hotel information and policies.
Welcome to 21c Museum Hotel Chicago! Thank you for choosing 21c as your home away from home. As you get settled into your room, a few important notes:
Welcome to Chicago
Located in River North, people know this popular area as a gallery and restaurant district. The near River North area is home to one of the U.S.’s highest concentrations of art galleries. The area also features antique stores, boutiques, and a large dining selection. It also boasts eateries, plus posh nightclubs and cocktail bars.
Within steps of Mag Mile, which boasts more than 450 retailers, including flagship experiences; major department stores; international designers and boutiques; innovative technology and timeless jewelry; home goods and travel necessities; and three vertical shopping centers, each with incentives and premier savings.
For more insider recommendations or driving directions, please feel free to contact our front desk team by dialing “0.”
View our Area Attractions Page
Showing Feb 2023 – Jan 2024
Rituals—religious and cultural, institutional and domestic—provide the thematic infrastructure for OFF-SPRING: New Generations. These sculptures, paintings, photographs, and videos employ iconographic imagery to explore the development of both personal and group identity, childhood, family, history, and gender politics. At the wedding altar, in the family home, or in the classroom, within the fantasy of childhood play or the familiarity of grown-up habit, these new, old narratives generate a spectrum of meditations on the contemporary construction of self and society.
- 21c Museum
- We believe in the power of contemporary art to spark conversation, create connection, and guide us through even the most challenging times. Our museum is open all day everyday to the public in order for visitors to view the gallery on their own time.
- A world of art is also available for viewing through your in-room television! The 21c Art Channel is dedicated to showcasing a rotating collection from 21c’s library of original works by contemporary artists, selected in relation to the current roster of exhibitions at all 21c locations.
C Where Travel Takes You
Chicago is open and cannot wait to welcome you! Our team has been busy putting together a new trip planning tool to help you explore our city, whether you are craving an outdoor adventure, a day soaking in the sights or looking for the latest on where to eat and drink.
21c Museum Hotel Chicago offers 10,000 square feet of exhibition space seamlessly integrated into all areas of the property. Guests can take in the latest exhibitions while discovering art around every corner of 21c: in the lobby, restaurant and bar, on the in-room Video Art Channel, and hallways. True to 21c’s mission, exhibition space is solely dedicated to showcasing the art of the 21st century, and is open to the public free of charge, 365 days per year. During your visit, we invite you to discover and explore the exhibitions. The Museum is free and open to the public. Visit 21cchicago.com for more information on the current exhibitions.
21c has a partnership with Art21 and regularly screens Art21 “Exclusive” series short films.
The guest rooms at 21c Chicago also feature photographic textiles by 21c Museum Hotels co-founder Laura Lee Brown.
Nearly twenty-five years ago, Laura Lee Brown began traveling on photographic journeys all over the world, capturing the spirit and sensibility of the people and places she encountered. “There are so many other ways to live, and I am curious to see, to learn, to understand,” says Brown, “How do women live with lip plates? What are the initiation rites boys from some African communities experience as they transition into manhood? What is it like to have no dependency on money, only on cattle? What does a mare’s milk taste like? How do you carry a baby lamb in a saddle bag? All of these mysteries whip me around the world like a magnet. But curiosity is sometimes a double-edged sword: despite my mild addiction to global travel, I also succumb to homesickness, even while the rush to see what I may have missed quickens as the years pass.”
Prefer to stay in? Catch up on the news with our CABLE LINE UP:
|Cartoon Network||74-2||NFL Network||87-1|
|TRU TV||78-3||ESPN 2||103-2|
|Bravo||79-1||NBC Sports Chicago||105-1|
|Fox News||81-2||Food Network||110-2|
|Weather Channel||82-1||Fox Sports 1||111-1|
More than simply a place to spend the night, 21c is an authentic experience. If there is anything you need during your stay, please don’t hesitate to dial “0” or stop by the front desk. Our team is always ready to help and eager to make your visit as memorable and unique as 21c itself.
Traveling with a laptop? Your room is equipped with secure, COMPLIMENTARY Wi-Fi. The front desk team can provide you with login information. If you do not have a wireless card, an internet cable is available in your desk drawer.
VALET SERVICE is available
21c offers hotel guests access to our FITNESS CENTER as part of our Urban Experiences fee. It is equipped with cardiovascular equipment, Pelotons, circuit strength training equipment, and free weights. The center is open 24/7 for your convenience and is located on the lower level of the hotel.
Our BUSINESS CENTERS are located on the 3rd floor and is open 24/7 for your convenience. Use of our computers with high speed internet and printers is complimentary for hotel guests. Need copies made or faxes sent? Our front desk team is happy to assist you.
During your stay, LAUNDRY SERVICE is available. Laundry bags and tickets are located in your guest room closet. For urgent requests, please contact the front desk for assistance.
An IN-ROOM SAFE is available for the security of any valuables. Please contact the front desk team if you need safe operation assistance.
Audiophiles rejoice! Your room is equipped with an iPhone DOCKING STATION. Plug in and rock on! If you need assistance with the docking station grab the nearest hipster tween or, in their absence, simply dial “0” from your in-room phone and our front desk team can happily assist.
Need to make a call? Use your In-Room Phone for:
Voicemail: Press the Messages button
Floors 3-9 Room to Room calls: Dial 7 + Room Number
Floors 9-14 Room to Room calls: Dial Room Number
Local calls: Dial 9 + Number
Toll Free calls: Dial 9 + 1 + Number
Emergency calls: Dial 9 +911
Wake Up calls: Press the Wake Up button and follow prompts to set your preferred time
Usage fees will apply for:
Long distance calls: Dial 9 + 1 + Area Code + Number
International calls: Dial 9 + 011 + Country Code + City Code + Number
Midnight munchies? All guest rooms are equipped with a fully stocked MINI BAR for those late night cravings.
Looking for a little something extra during your 21c stay? Our one- and two-night PACKAGES kick things up a notch to help you get the most out of your stay. Visit 21cChicago.com for our complete list of offerings.
Hosting an event or meeting? Let us wow your guests. With over 10,000 square feet of Event Space, 21c can accommodate parties that range from intimate gatherings of 10 to rocking receptions for 500 guests. Contact the Event Team at extension “6110” to learn more.
21c Strives to be Green
21c doesn’t just consider “going green” to be a smart move; we believe it’s necessary for our future. Faced with ever-expanding suburban sprawl, 21c founders Laura Lee Brown and Steve Wilson hoped to invigorate downtown, bringing life back to the urban center.
Each day the 21c Museum seeks to enrich our community through the encouragement of open and creative expression of all art forms. 21c Museum Hotel and Metropole strive to sustain that same community through eco-friendly practices and environmental awareness. Our approach is quite simple – Always strive to be green.
Urban Experiences Fee
A $25 Urban Experiences daily fee will be added to the daily room rate per room. This fee allows guests to enjoy many services and amenities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. The 21c Chicago Urban Experiences charge includes the following (exclusive of taxes):
$10 credit per day for the gift shop or in-room mini bar
In-Room Coffee and Espresso
(2) Path reusable water bottles & filtered water stations
10% off Museum of Ice Cream tickets
Seasonal activations and programming
Access to the Business Center with two Mac’s and a printer
24-Hour access to Fitness Center, featuring Peloton & Pre-Cor equipment
Highlights of our eco-friendly practices include:
– All cardboard, paper, glass, aluminum, tin can and plastic waste is recycled.
– Each ton of office paper we recycle saves 17 trees, 7000 gallons of water, and 60 pounds of air pollutants from being released.
– All ink cartridges are recycled.
– Soaps and shampoos are recycled through local community groups.
– Renovations were completed in accordance with standards for historic preservation.
– Guest rooms have automated energy management occupancy sensors and individual water source heat pumps for optimized control of HVAC. Energy efficient lighting and dual flush toilets are also standard in-room features.
– Our opt-in linen reuse program helps to conserve energy and water, while blackout shades reduce HVAC demand.
– Low flow nozzles on dishwashers and utility sinks help reduce water waste.
– Energy efficiency HVAC strategies include the use of high efficiency (93%) noncondensing hot water boilers, energy recovery units for saving energy to condition ventilation air, variable condenser water flow for reducing pump energy and variable air flow through cooling tower to reduce fan energy.
CARBON FOOTPRINT REDUCTION
– The 21c Museum Shop highlights the work of local artists, with a special emphasis on sustainable craft.
– Low VOC paints are used whenever possible.
– Our team frequently utilizes sustainable products. From the restored mosaic floors to the biodegradable carry-out containers, eco-friendly alternatives are part of daily life at 21c.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our green practices, please don’t hesitate to email us at Sales@21cchicago.com. We look forward to an open dialogue as we work together to strive to be green.
-To improve indoor air quality and for the health and safety of our guests and team, 21c IS A SMOKE FREE HOTEL. Guests wishing to smoke can do so outside on the sidewalk along ONTARIO Street. A fee of $350 will be assessed to any room in which signs or smells of smoking are found.
SAFETY & SECURITY
– Please refer to the map on the back of your room door to familiarize yourself with the nearest emergency exit.
– For the health and safety of all our guests and teammates, please regard all alarms as “the REAL thing.” Please stay calm and cooperate with our team while we work to ensure your safety.
– During alarms, please do not attempt to use the elevator. Make your way to the nearest stairwell and exit the building.
IN CASE OF FIRE
– If a fire breaks out in your room, immediately exit your room and close the door behind you to keep the hall clear of smoke and fire. Activate the nearest alarm pull station. Report the situation to the front desk team immediately.
– If a fire breaks out in another part of the building, you may be aroused by the fire alarm signal, voice announcements over the PA system, shouting in the corridor, a phone call, or by the sound of sirens outside. Stay calm. Check your door for heat before opening.
– If hot, remain in the room and seal the door with wet towels and vent other openings. Alert the front desk immediately.
– If cool, exit the room immediately. Do not attempt to use the elevator. Please use the nearest stairwell to exit and wait for further instruction before returning to your room.
IN THE EVENT OF SEVERE WEATHER
The front desk team will keep up-to-date information on local conditions. Should evacuation of rooms become necessary, the front desk team will provide you with instructions on how to proceed.
IN THE EVENT OF A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
Lock yourself in the guest room and defend yourself against the inevitable horde of zombies. Feel free to use any guest room items and/or equipment to protect yourself; no damage fees are likely to occur.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
Front Desk……………………………………………………………………………………Dial 0
Fire, Police, EMS…………………………………………………………………………..Dial 9 + 911
Suicide Crisis Lifeline …………………………………………………………………….Dial 9 + 1.800.273.8255
National Drug & Poison Center………………………………………………………..Dial 9 + 1.800.222.1222
Northwestern Memorial Hospital………………………………………………………Dial 9 + 926.2000