Welcome to 21c Museum Hotel Oklahoma City! Thank you for choosing 21c as your home away from home. We appreciate you entrusting us with your care and safety. As you get settled into your room, a few important notes:
- We believe in the power of contemporary art to spark conversation, create connection, and guide us through even the most challenging times. Our current exhibition on view, The SuperNatural, is shown throughout the first-floor spaces and as always, you’ll find artwork on guest room floors, and in your private guest room.
- A world of art is also available for viewing through your in-room television set! The 21c Art Channel is dedicated to showcasing a rotating collection from 21c’s library of original works by contemporary artists, selected in relation to the current roster of exhibitions at all 21c locations.
- The SuperNatural is a multi-media exhibition that documents observed, current realities while referencing the aesthetic traditions of the 19th and 20th centuries. Influenced by Romanticism and Surrealism, science and technology, these visions narrate how the dreams and detritus of the industrial era generated the promise and peril of the digital age, and explore the potential for adaptation to the visceral and virtual realities of the future.
Mary Eddy’s Dining Room
- Located inside 21c OKC, Mary Eddy’s Dining Room celebrates the golden age of American dining in the heart of downtown Oklahoma City with flavorful classic dishes and imaginative cocktails. We invite you to join us during the following hours:
- Dinner Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 5-10pm
- Bar + Lounge Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 4-10pm
- Click here to view the dinner menu.
- Click here to view the drinks menu.
- Click here to make a reservation.
Pool Bar + Bodega
- Inspired by whimsical summer days under the sun, Pool Bar offers laid back, social dining with playful dishes and chilled cocktails as you lounge poolside with your crew. Bodega offers a one-stop shop for quick and thoughtful bites and beverages for all hours of the day.
- Pool Bar Hours: 11am-Late, Tuesday through Saturday. Click here to view menu.
- Bodega Hours: 6:30am-10pm, seven days a week. Click here to view menu.
Food + Beverage
- In-Room Dining is available 7 days a week from 630am-10pm. Click here to view the menu. Give us a call at 405.982.6977 to place your order.
- If you are looking for alternative dining options during non-0perating hours, we recommend our neighbors, located within short walking distance from the hotel:
- Stitch Café – Receive 10% off with code 21c
- The Jones Assembly
- For additional suggestions, please check out our Neighborhood Guide or visit the front desk and our team will be happy to assist you
- Our massage rooms are conveniently located on the 3rd floor and are adjacent to the sauna, steam room and fitness facility.
- Alternatively, our therapists are available to treat you in the comfort and privacy of your own guest room.
- The Spa at 21c offers a variety of massages. All spa treatments are by appointment only and must be reserved 24 hours in advance. Click here to learn more about our spa services and pricing and to request an appointment.
We are thrilled to welcome you to Oklahoma City! Our team has put together a trip planning
tool to help you explore our city. Whether you are craving an outdoor adventure, a day soaking in the sights or looking for the latest on where to eat and drink, there’s plenty of options. Click here to discover all Oklahoma City has to offer.
On behalf of our team, I want to thank you again for choosing 21c! Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable.
21c Museum Hotel // Oklahoma City
…And welcome to Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City, an incubator for vibrant arts, music and culinary communities possesses small-town Midwestern charm, big-city amenities (it’s Oklahoma’s largest!) and a rich heritage. You won’t have to venture far from 21c to experience the city’s unique flavor; just use our Guide to Oklahoma City to explore.
21c Oklahoma City offers 14,000 square feet of exhibition space seamlessly integrated into all areas of the property. Guests can take in the latest exhibitions while discovering art around every corner of 21c: in the lobby, restaurant and bar, on the in-room Video Art Channel, and hallways. True to 21c’s mission, exhibition space is solely dedicated to showcasing the art of the 21st century. During your visit, we invite you to discover and explore the exhibitions. Visit 21cOklahomaCity.com for more information on the current exhibitions.
Mechanical Magic: Site-specific art at 21c Oklahoma City
The history of the Ford Motor Assembly Plant provides the inspiration for 21c’s collection of site-specific artworks in Oklahoma City. From a misting steel tree to the spinning pattern embedded in the ballroom floor and larger than life-size arrows vibrating with color and light, these commissioned installations reference the materials and mechanics of 20th-century industry while both transforming interior and exterior locations into spaces that welcome and celebrate the future.
Gunilla Klingberg, Spinning Wheel of Life, 2016. Cut metal and concrete.
Embedded across the ballroom floor at 21c Oklahoma City is Stockholm-based artist Gunilla Klingberg’s Spinning Wheel of Life, a site-specific artwork that engages both the origins of the site and the transformation of the Ford Motor Assembly Plant from an industrial factory into a contemporary, multi-use cultural center. Inspired by this history, Spinning Wheel of Life consists of ubiquitous urban signage and symbols in cut-out metal that are incorporated into the floor and repeated in a kaleidoscopic pattern resembling a cosmological chart and a mandala image. The outer circle of the pattern starts with an arrow containing the word IN and continues through concentric, rippling circles of symbols through to EXIT, finally arriving at the wheel of a Model T Ford at the center. The movement invoked by the pattern echoes the repetition of the mechanical motions in an assembly line, as well as the hypnotic spinning of automobile wheels. The symbols in the pattern represent several aspects of the building’s history: the flame, a pictogram for “danger,” also references the work that was once done when car parts were assembled here—a process that scarred some the columns throughout the building; the eye, a symbol for surveillance, can also be read as the spiritual symbol of the all-seeing-eye, just as the emblem of a hand may represent alternatively a stop sign, a symbol of fortune, and an open hand of welcome or giving, depending on the direction of the sign. A multi-media artist, Gunilla Klingberg has worked on location in Europe, the United States, and Asia, creating site-specific installations in museums, galleries, universities, transport centers, and on the beach. Spinning Wheel of Life, which the artist conceives as a responsive embodiment of motion and momentum, is Klingberg’s first permanent commission in the U.S.
Matthew Geller, Woozy Blossom (Platanus nebulosus), 2010-2015. Steel, water, copper, pump.
Planted among the bald cypress trees lining the sidewalk outside 21c Oklahoma City, Matthew Geller’s sixteen-foot-high perforated steel tree produces a continuous fog, engulfing visitors and passersby in its mist and allowing them to revel in its cool, moist air. The fog is in a constant state of flux, sensitive to the slightest changes in wind, temperature, and humidity. Simultaneously eerie, unexpected, and playful, Woozy Blossom transforms the urban exterior of 21c Oklahoma City into an ever-changing, otherworldly environment. The work, which offers a seductive invitation to interact, both complements and disrupts its surroundings: a tree among trees, its industrial materials and mechanics provide material reference to the history of this former factory site. A noted public artist who lives and works in New York, Matthew Geller is particularly drawn to overlooked or underutilized environments, from private imaginary worlds within brick walls, to back alleys, to sprawling open public spaces. It is in these environments that Geller teases out small fragments of narrative by augmenting or amplifying the raw materials of a given place, asking the viewer to engage both with what was always there, as well as what might be.
SuttonBeresCuller, You Always Leave Me Wanting More, 2015. Aluminum, enamel, LED lightbulbs, electronics, flooring.
Guests and visitors to the three upper floors at 21c Oklahoma City will be greeted by an installation of six, nine, and twelve foot red arrows, pointing in every direction, and pulsating with a dynamic lighting sequence. This site-specific installation does not provide directional guidance, but instead creates a heightened awareness of the surrounding space while referencing a range of ideas and imagery. You Always Leave Me Wanting More is intended to address the sustainability of growth as it pertains to aspects of our social, economic, and natural environments. “We have co-opted the stripped down language of commercial signs, incorporating casino style way-finders that tear through the floors of the museum with skyward trajectory,” explain SuttonBeresCuller, the trio of artists who conceived and created the artwork for the guest room floors. SuttonBeresCuller is a group of three Seattle-based artists—John Sutton, Ben Beres, and Zac Culler—who have worked collaboratively since 2000. The trio’s work ranges in presentation from gallery works, to installation, performance, and public projects. Working in and outside of traditional gallery settings, they aim to engage and provoke unsuspecting audiences through works addressing identity, perception, and instinct. They create playful scenarios by reinterpreting archetypal objects and transforming them in material, space, and place. A prototype of You Always Leave Me Wanting More was presented at the Frye Art Museum in Seattle during the fall of 2015.
21c has a partnership with Art21 and regularly screens Art21 “Exclusive” series short films. The guest rooms at 21c Oklahoma City also feature photographic textiles by 21c Museum Hotels co-founder Laura Lee Brown. Nearly twenty-five years ago, Laura Lee Brown began traveling on photographic journeys all over the world, capturing the spirit and sensibility of the people and places she encountered. “There are so many other ways to live, and I am curious to see, to learn, to understand,” says Brown, “How do women live with lip plates? What are the initiation rites boys from some African communities experience as they transition into manhood? What is it like to have no dependency on money, only on cattle? What does a mare’s milk taste like? How do you carry a baby lamb in a saddle bag? All of these mysteries whip me around the world like a magnet. But curiosity is sometimes a double-edged sword: despite my mild addiction to global travel, I also succumb to homesickness, even while the rush to see what I may have missed quickens as the years pass.”
Prefer to stay in? Catch up on “the news” with our cable lineup.
More than simply a place to spend the night, 21c is an authentic experience. If there is anything you need during your stay, please don’t hesitate to dial “0” or stop by the front desk. Our team is always ready to help and eager to make your visit as memorable and unique as 21c itself.
Traveling with a laptop? Your room is equipped with secure, COMPLIMENTARY Wi-Fi. The front desk team can provide you with login information. If you do not have a wireless card, an internet cable is available in your desk drawer.
21c offers all hotel guests complimentary access to our FITNESS CENTER. It is equipped with cardiovascular equipment, circuit strength training equipment, and free weights. The center is open 24/7 for your convenience and is located on the 3rd Floor.
Our BUSINESS CENTER is located on the 1st floor and open 24/7 for your convenience. Use of our computers with high speed internet and printers is complimentary for hotel guests. Need copies made or faxes sent? Our front desk team is happy to assist you.
During your stay, LAUNDRY SERVICE is available. Laundry bags and tickets are located in your guest room closet. For urgent requests, please contact the front desk for assistance.
HOUSEKEEPING SERVICES will be performed upon request. Should you have any specific requests or needs, please contact our front desk team at extension “0”.
An IN-ROOM SAFE is available for the security of any valuables. Please contact the front desk team if you need safe operation assistance.
Audiophiles rejoice! Your room is equipped with an IPOD DOCKING STATION. Plug in and rock on! If you need assistance with the docking station grab the nearest hipster tween or, in their absence, simply dial “0” from your in-room phone and our front desk team can happily assist.
Need to make a call? Use your IN-ROOM PHONE for:
- Voicemail: Press the Voicemail button or dial 7680
- Room to Room calls: Dial 7 + Room Number
- Local calls: Dial 9 + Number
- Toll Free calls: Dial 9 + 1 + Number
- Emergency calls: Dial 9 +911
- Wake Up calls: Press the Wake Up button and follow prompts to set your preferred time
Usage fees will apply for:
- Long distance calls: Dial 9 + 1 + Area Code + Number
- International calls: Dial 9 + 011 + Country Code + City Code + Number
Midnight munchies? GRAB & GO items will be available 24/7 for pickup at the Front Desk.
Still hungry? Check out the Dining section to see full ROOM SERVICE offerings by Mary Eddy’s Dining Room.
Looking for a little something extra during your 21c stay? Our one- and two-night PACKAGES kick things up a notch to help you get the most out of your stay. Visit 21cOklahomaCity.com for our complete list of offerings.
Looking to indulge? Whatever the occasion, 21c Treats entice you to splurge a little. Simply choose from our signature Treats and call the front desk by dialing “0” to place your order. Our team will hand deliver your Treat with a personalized note. Items may be subject to seasonality & availability. Please order at least two hours before your desired delivery time.
WELCOME Just the right treats to start your stay.
- Two house-made cookies and spiced peanuts
FIT A perfect light snack.
- Mixed plain nuts, dried fruit, whole fruit and bottle water
FIZZ* Get the celebration started – anniversary, birthday, whatever the occasion!
- Bottle of bubbly with two glasses, primed for a special evening
THE PRAIRIE* Sample the best local and regional brews.
- Three assorted offerings from our favorite local breweries, two glasses and spiced mixed nuts for snacking
MILK AND COOKIES For the kids….or the kid at heart.
- Four house-made chocolate chip cookies and a half liter of milk
WINE DOWN* Relax and settle in for the night.
- Quartino (9oz carafe) of select wine, regional cheese and accoutrements
BIG LOVE JONES* Planning a romantic getaway?
- Bottle of bubbly with two glasses and Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Looking for a bit more? The fine folks at Mary Eddy’s are happy to create a culinary revelation guaranteed to wow. Whether you’re surprising a locavore, chocoholic, bourbon lover or someone in between, the Mary Eddy’s team can help with requests.
* MUST BE 21+ YEARS OLD TO ORDER.
Hosting an event or meeting? Let us wow your guests. With over 14,000 square feet of Event Space, 21c can accommodate parties that range from intimate gatherings of 10 to rocking receptions for 500 guests. Contact the Event Team at extension “6912” to learn more.
21c Strives to be Green
21c doesn’t just consider “going green” to be a smart move; we believe it’s necessary for our future. Faced with ever-expanding suburban sprawl, 21c founders Laura Lee Brown and Steve Wilson hoped to invigorate downtown, bringing life back to the urban center. Each day the 21c Museum seeks to enrich our community through the encouragement of open and creative expression of all art forms. 21c Museum Hotel and Mary Eddy’s strive to sustain that same community through eco-friendly practices and environmental awareness. Our approach is quite simple – Always strive to be green. Highlights of our eco-friendly practices include:
- All cardboard, paper, glass, aluminum, tin can and plastic waste is recycled.
- Each ton of office paper we recycle saves 17 trees, 7000 gallons of water, and 60 pounds of air pollutants from being released.
- All ink cartridges are recycled.
- Soaps and shampoos are recycled through local community groups.
- Renovations were completed in accordance with standards for historic preservation.
- Guest rooms have automated energy management occupancy sensors and individual water source heat pumps for optimized control of HVAC. Energy efficient lighting and dual flush toilets are also standard in-room features.
- Our opt-in linen reuse program helps to conserve energy and water, while blackout shades reduce HVAC demand.
- Low flow nozzles on dishwashers and utility sinks help reduce water waste.
- Energy efficiency HVAC strategies include the use of high efficiency (93%) noncondensing hot water boilers, energy recovery units for saving energy to condition ventilation air, variable condenser water flow for reducing pump energy and variable air flow through cooling tower to reduce fan energy.
Carbon Footprint Reduction
- From farm to fireplace to table, Mary Eddy’s commitment to building strong relationships with local purveyors is at the heart of Mary Eddy’s menus.
- The 21c Museum Shop highlights the work of local artists, with a special emphasis on sustainable craft.
- Low VOC paints are used whenever possible.
- Our team frequently utilizes sustainable products. From the restored mosaic floors to the biodegradable carry-out containers, eco-friendly alternatives are part of daily life at 21c.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our green practices, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to an open dialogue as we work together to strive to be green.
To improve indoor air quality and for the health and safety of our guests and team, 21c IS A SMOKE-FREE HOTEL. A fee of $350 will be assessed to any room in which signs or smells of smoking are found.
Safety & Secutiy
- Please refer to the map on the back of your room door to familiarize yourself with the nearest emergency exit.
- For the health and safety of all our guests and teammates, please regard all alarms as “the REAL thing.” Please stay calm and cooperate with our team while we work to ensure your safety.
- During alarms, please do not attempt to use the elevator. Make your way to the nearest stairwell and exit the building.
In Case of Fire
- If a fire breaks out in your room, immediately exit your room and close the door behind you to keep the hall clear of smoke and fire. Activate the nearest alarm pull station. Report the situation to the front desk team immediately.
- If a fire breaks out in another part of the building, you may be aroused by the fire alarm signal, voice announcements over the PA system, shouting in the corridor, a phone call, or by the sound of sirens outside. Stay calm. Check your door for heat before opening.
- If hot, remain in the room and seal the door with wet towels and vent other openings. Alert the front desk immediately.
- If cool, exit the room immediately. Do not attempt to use the elevator. Please use the nearest stairwell to exit and wait for further instruction before returning to your room.
In the Event of Severe Weather
The front desk team will keep up-to-date information on local conditions. Should evacuation of rooms become necessary, the front desk team will provide you with instructions on how to proceed.
In the Event of a Zombie Apocalypse
Lock yourself in the guest room and defend yourself against the inevitable horde of zombies. Feel free to use any guest room items and/or equipment to protect yourself; no damage fees are likely to occur.
Health + Safety
- For the most up-to-date information about all of our cleanliness and wellness policies, designed with the safety of our teammates and guests in mind, click here.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
Front Desk…………………………………………………………….Dial 0
Fire, Police, EMS…………………………………………………….Dial 9 + 911
Suicide Crisis Lifeline ……………………………………………..Dial 9 + 1.800.273.8255
National Drug & Poison Center…………………………………Dial 9 + 1.800.222.1222
The Children’s Hospital at OU Medical Center……………Dial 9 + 271.4700
St. Anthony Hospital……………………………………………….Dial 9 + 272.7000