Pumpkin Spice Bread Pudding
By Chef Jeff Patton
“Bread pudding is such an underdog of a dessert, people either love it or don’t know that they love it. This one is great room temp with coffee in the morning, or warmed up with some cool whip after dinner and the pumpkin spice makes it feel just the right treat for any autumn day.”
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 Loaf white bread
- 4 Eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Fresh vanilla bean
- 4 Cups heavy cream
- 1 Cup sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 Cup pumpkin purée
- Combine cream, half sugar, salt, pumpkin, and vanilla in a pot and bring up to a simmer, then turn off.
- Whisk eggs and remaining half of the sugar.
- When Cream is hot, slowly mix into the egg mixture carefully until fully incorporated. Whisk in pumpkin spice.
- Pour straight into bowl of torn bread and mix together. Let sit one hour before loading loaf pans, this will make sure the bread is soaked.
- Spray one 9”by 13” pan with nonstick spray and add mixture, bake at 350 for 45 minutes covered in foil.
Trying one of these recipes at-home? Share with us on social by using hashtags #AVery21cThanksgiving and #CookingWith21c